Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I LOVE my U.P.S. Man!!!


I love, love, love my UPS man right now!  I came home from the kids dr. appts today and found this little gem on the front porch!  What could it be? You ask? 

Only THE one and only thing I have pined over for a while now!


Accuquilt Go! baby!!  Happy Birthday to ME!!!  I immediately went and found some fabric to try this bad boy out!!


I bought the 5"X5" squares die so that I can make my own charm squares!!

 

In case you have never heard of this fabulous little beauty - this is how it works - you put your die down on one side with the foam side up - then place your fabric on top of that - up to SIX layers!!!  (yep I said 6!!)  Then you put the cutting mat on top of the fabric.  Hold on to the top and turn the crank-  It will roll the die,fabric,and mat sandwich through to the other side!

Viola'!!!

I cut these 12 charm squares in about 4 or 5 turns of the crank!  SWEET!!!!

I cannot wait to get going on some charm totes now!!  Let me know if you have one and how you like it!!

Happy crafting!
Steph

3 comments:

  1. I have the big sister- the Go!. I just got the rag square for it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I also have the drunkard's path die. I want to get circles and some applique shapes as well. I find for regular squares I can cut them faster with a rotary cutter. But that rag square thing- brilliant. I can now make a rag quilt, start to finish in a day easily. A decent sized one, too. Might be selling some of those at the next craft show.

    I hope you like it! I like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it for a really good price on Amazon! Only $70!!! And it was brand new! So I had enough of my birthday money!(geeze I sound like I am 14 years old!!)

    @Lisa - I only wanted it for the squares because no matter how careful I am at cutting mine - I always end up with some that are way off! I have no clue how it happens but it always makes it difficult to match things up! And if I only cut 1 square at a time to be accurate I would be there forever!!! I would assume that after a while I will start to use it for other things as well!!

    ReplyDelete