Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LOVE

I saw this and immediately fell in love!!!  However when I got here I didn't love the price!!! Right away I thought "I can do that!!"  So I set off to make my own variation. 

I had a painter's canvas in the craft closet, I measured it up, chose my fabric and measured and cut it to fit.  I added an inch and a half so I could wrap it around to the back.  I sewed the color blocks together and ironed. 

I found a nice font on the computer and printed it out the size I wanted.  Cut around each letter and traced them onto the fabric.  Then I sewed on my buttons!!  When I was done I sprayed the canvas with spray adhesive and lined up the center of my fabric, smoothed out all the bubbles and pulled it tight around the back.  I used the heavy duty stapler to attach the fabric to the back!! 

TADA!!!  for just a couple of bucks for the canvas I have some pretty new bedroom art!







you can see more of my bedroom redo ideas on pinterest here


happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment