Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sign Design

As most of you know - I run my own in home day care.  I have had the opportunity to stay home with my 2 little boys since they were born 4 years ago!  I was given a handpainted sign by a coworker at the bank I resigned from to open up my day care!  But I needed a new one.  The weather wasn't very nice to the first one!!!

So I took one of my business cards and tried to paint a replica!!!  I think it turned out pretty close!!  I did add tiny little humans and some pets of course!!  I love stick people!!



The sign is hanging on the side of my house right under our house numbers.  I think aqua is my new fav color!!  What do you think?  Pretty close hey?


THEN......

I saw this really cool subway art on pinterest.  But I am way to cheap to purchase anything of the like.  So I put something similar together myself.  I used some of my photo editing software, and put together some of my family rules.  Had the photo printed out to an 8X10.  Painted a canvas in rainbow colors, and mod podged the photo to the canvas.  The only thing I don't care for is that I should have used matte finish mod podge.  I  may have to go back and fix it.  I think it is a bit too shiny!  Then I added bright orange ribbon around the outer edge!





Happy Crafting!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment