Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

14!!!!!! ALREADY???

On the 19th my gorgeous, talented, smart, funny, loving baby girl turned 14!  I am sitting here wondering where the time went?!  When did barbies turn into ipods?  When did Barney turn into Justin Beiber?  She dances to Justin Beiber like she did to Barney (with a little bit more coordination!)




 When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted she told me butter pecan!  (shocked it wasn't chocolate!)  Then she said she wanted turtles, soccer, music, and anything to do with summer!!  Now how was I going to get all that into 1 cake? The only way I could see getting all of her wishes onto cake was to make 2!!!  Good thing we were having 2 seperate gatherings!  One set of grandparents on Sat. and the other set on Sun.

The Saturday cake was the summer theme!  Sunglasses, orange bikini (which is what she wanted but couldn't find!)flip flops, purple nail polish, swimming pool, music and a guitar!


I started out making this cake using hot pink frosting on the larger bottom cake - I had it all the way frosted - then tasted the frosting - OOPPPPSSS!!!  Note to self - taste frosting BEFORE covering an entire cake with it - This pink frosting was horribly BITTER!!!  I had to scrap it all off - and start the process all over again!  This time I just used white!

**********************************************************************************

The Sunday cake was the soccer/ turtle cake - this one was much easier to make!  I rolled my modeling chocolate into little marbles and alternated them around the top and bottom.  I placed 4 soccer balls made out of modeling chocolate as well around the bottom.  I placed the turtle on top and wrote my message using melted white chocolate with edible blue sparkle dust mixed in.  (Kaitie said it looked kinda like toothpaste!)


If you read the message on the first cake  - you will notice that I forgot to cross my *T* - oopppsss

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITIE!!!!
LOVE YOU!!



I'm linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment