Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Somethin' Fishy is goin' on here.....

One of the local supermarkets here is having another *contest* for children's creativitiy!  Remember back at Easter time it was egg decorating?  We made *egg heads* and won 1st place for our age bracket!  So this time around it is fish - or bait - Soooooooo this week we have been reading some fish books -

*Rainbow fish
*1 fish 2 fish

some others that I can't remember off the top of my head -

We have also been busy *makin'*!!

I got brave and got passed my OCD and let the littles use glitter!!  (yes you heard me right!  GLITTER!)   We made some shiny handprint fish.




Then we made blow fish - we took balloons and added scales and fins! 






Then lastly we decorated cupcakes with candy coated chocolate bits - (otherwise known as M&M's)!!!  I frosted the cupcakes first then the kids added the rest. 








They are supposed to have a back fin made from those jelly candy fruit things - like a lime or orange slice - take a toothpick and stick it into the back side of the fish - but I felt that there was enough candy on these already -the kids are already wound up enough without adding extra candy!!



So the deadline for entries is Saturday so - we will see if my little Picaso's will come out winning again!!

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment