Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

They grow up way to fast!

This is my brilliant daughter Kaitie!  She is 13 years old - almost 14 going on 30! 



Her passion is music!  She sings - oh does she sing!  All the time!!!  I think she might even in her sleep!  She plays the trumpet in the Jr. high band.  She is currently seated first chair!!!  That's my girl!  Show those boys what you're made of!  



She received a guitar 2 years ago for Christmas.  We thought - that if anything her uncle could help her with the basics to get her started!  Well the guitar sat for a year - her frustration grew!  She wants to be the next Taylor Swift you know! 


So we gave her guitar lessons for her 13th birthday!  Figuring that after a couple of months she would get bored of it and want to quit!  We are now on month 10 of lessons and she is loving them!  I can not believe how well she is doing!  Well actually I can because anything she puts her mind to she far exceeds it!!

  
this is her with her teacher!  He is awesome!  Gerry Cane! You can find him at Main Street Music in Marinette WI

The other night I was sitting by my sewing machine working and this song started to play.  I listened for a bit and then she says "aaarrrgggg"  I didn't know it was her playing!  I thought it was her ipod!  She never stops suprising me!! 



I wanted to capture her love of music so one night we set up a mini studio in the living room!  These photos are what we came up with!  I will do the same with her trumpet also!  I think they turned out great!  You can really tell that she enjoyed having them done!


No comments:

Post a Comment