Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The *LITTLES* made caterpillars!!

With spring upon us and all the creepy crawly creatures coming out; my littles and I made our very own caterpillars.  I borrowed this idea from another home day care blog.  Here is there blog site, you should visit!  They have some pretty awesome ideas!   It is called Child Central Station; http://www.childcentralstation.blogspot.com/ 







check out the determination on his face!!
 My little guys were a bit young I think to handle the whole project by themselves.  They are only 18 mo, a very young 2y/o, a very young 3y/o and two 3 & a half y/o.  The oldest 3 1/2 y/o was able to thread one of the pipe cleaners through the hole, but had a hard time getting the second one through.  So I would poke it through and they would pull!  The 2 older kids did create their own patterns and counted out how many eggs they needed!  With the younger 2 they picked what color they wanted to use and I threaded it.  Then they pulled the pipe cleaners through! 






They sure had fun making them!  These are the cutest little critters!  They wiggle like those wooden snakes that you hold the tail to make them slither! 



Now is the perfect time to get your eggs.  Most stores have them on clearance because it is after Easter!

Happy Crafting!
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Aren't these the best Stephanie! I know my little ones LOVE them, Some of them came back after Easter asking about making them again! I'll be headed for the clearance aisles when I go shopping! It is the best time to get them and stock up! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower! (Trying to get caught up on all of my blogs and reading from the last few weeks!)

    ReplyDelete