Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Fabric covered composition notebook~

Well with this coupon craze in full swing - my purse is seamingly unorganized with coupons clipped together along with shopping lists for each of the 25 stores I shop at! (not really 25!  But that's what my husband thinks!)  I started carrying a notebook in my purse so that I can work on my shopping lists while waiting in line at the bank or sitting at the bus stop! 

Let's admit it - the cover of a composition notebook is about as attractive as a wart on the end of your nose!  Most of them have some type of cow print on them in some dark color or another!  So I decided I was going to cover it!  I search many sites and found lots of tutorials for permanently applying fabric with pod podge.  However I can see myself always having a notebook in my purse from now on - and I do not want to have to cover another one everytime I put a new one in my purse!  I opted to make a removable one so that I can swap it out when the notebook is all used up!

I used 1 fat quarter - then I lined the back side with a contrasting color - (you don't see this when the cover is on the notebook - only when the cover is off)  Next I sewed a complimenting ribbon vertically up and down the long edge of the front.  I used a ponny tail elastic as a closure!  I sewed buttons on the front to wrap the ponytail around to keep the notebook closed when it is not in use!!




these are views of the front and back covers - I tucked the pages in so that you could see.  Now I can remove this off of here and put it on a new one when this note book is full!!!

I also made 5 of the permanently afixed fabric!  But I want to embellish them before I post!!

Happy crafting!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. AUGH! I love it! The polka dot strip- perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa - My Kaitie loved it so much too that I gave it to her - and made me a different one!!!

    ReplyDelete