Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Hooded bath towels....

So last week while I was cruising blog tutorials; I ran across a picture of a hooded bath towel.  I thought it would be pretty cute to make them for my boys!  So I searched several tuts and came up with my own version of a couple pictures that I liked!

I ran right to the towel section at K-Mart - Christian picked yellow - and decided that Nathan needed blue. 

I set to cutting and sewing as soon as I got home - It didn't take me long ~

TO SCREW UP!!!!!!!


*Kitty* likes Christian's ~ Notice her paw scratching at his!!  So can you see where I went wrong!?  Yeah - unless I have children with the Jolly Green Giant (which I do not!) then these towels are wayyyyyyyy to long!

I totally didn't look at my pictures or plans before I jumped right into sewing on these!  I put the hood on the ends instead of the middle of the long edge!  Therefore - the names are on wrong too!  And let me tell you - they were a big super huge PITA!!!  I am not a great applique'r!! 

So what kid wouldn't like a ginormous super hero cape; right?  I went out and bought 2 more bath sized towels in the same blue and yellow - (good thing they were on sale AND I had the Kmart savers card!)  I used the extra halves of the hand towels for the hoods - but - what was I going to do about the names on the back?  I really did NOT want to re-applique the letters!

So I cut around the names, centered them on the back of the new towels, and zig zagged around them with rainbow colors!


TA DA!!!!



I think the boys like em'!  We had already had our baths for the night when I finished them ~ so they are going to have to wait until tomorrow to really test them out!!





LOVIN' the Cone Head look!!!


He kept saying *CHEESE* even though his back was to me!!  What a nut!

So here is a quick run down of how I made them:

Materials:
1 regular sized bath towel
1 hand towel (for the hood)
fleece
thread

*take your hand towel and fold it in half on the short sides and cut it so you have 2 (you only need 1 half for the hood - save the other half for a second hood!)

*fold this half of towel short ends together and sew along edge.  Turn it right side out.

*pin your hood in the middle of the LONG edge of the bath towel and sew

* if you'd like to put names or shapes, I used fleece because I had it - I suppose  you could use flannel or different colored towels.  Cut out your letters and pin and zig zag around them!

You're done!

Happy crafting!
Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment